They’re from print or are things I’ve overheard. Each one stands alone and they aren’t in any order of importance. I feel that without attributions, each pointer is more impactful and useful. Because they ring true, they don’t need a known name for validation, plus I’ve often modified the wording to make it more clear to me.
– Remove all the space within the atoms making up the human body, and every person who’s ever lived will fit inside a baseball.
– The best advice is this: Keep your living expenses LOW. The smaller you live materially, the bigger you can live creatively. You’ll be able to stretch and grow with the most possible freedom. It’s the reason to work really hard to avoid all debts, and to keep your lifestyle really manageable. If I’d been saddled with a big life, I don’t think I ever could have found my way to the freedom I have now.
– When you make another human being say, ‘What happens next?’ you’ve told a good story.
– Not at work? Don’t check work emails. Any work problems that arise will linger in your mind making your free time useless due to preoccupation. You won’t experience relaxation or productivity. So focus on work or something else, but not in between because time without attention is worthless. Value attention over time.
– Winning an auction is the right to pay more for something than everyone else thought it was worth.