They’re from print or are things I’ve overheard. Each one stands alone and they aren’t in any order of importance. I feel that without attributions, each pointer is more impactful and useful. Because they ring true, they don’t need a known name for validation, plus I’ve often modified the wording to make it more clear to me.
– Create your own system, or be enslaved by another’s.
– Are you shooting for comfort and luxury, when all you need to make yourself happy is something to be enthusiastic about?
– There’s probably no god. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life.
– Be wary of keeping up with the Joneses which is really just the fear of missing out. Comparison is the thief of joy.
– Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.